The Application Process in Same-Sex Divorce
Just as there are steps in getting married, the same is true for same-sex divorce. Here is the usual process of applying for a divorce:
- Application must be filed by either of the parties.
- If the application is filed by both parties, then both parties must also affix their signatures.
- A joint application is deemed filed when both parties agree on the filing of divorce.
- If the application is initiated by one party, then a copy of such application must be furnished to the other party to serve as notice
- The moment all necessary documents are passed and satisfied, an order of separation may be granted if the circumstances warrant so.