Hiring a Divorce Lawyer: Questions to Ask
It is always crucial that you ask questions to the attorney before hiring one. Your life and property depends on this lawyer. So, keep in mind the following questions that you might ask the lawyer:
- How many divorce cases have the lawyer handled?
- Among the cases the lawyer handled, how many were he able to settle extra-judicially?
- Does the lawyer also practice collaborative divorce?
- Does the lawyer know the counsel of my spouse?
- Does the lawyer know any of the local family court judges?
- Has the lawyer had any experience with settling support or settlements?
- Is the lawyer always available on phone or email?
- Is the lawyer currently loaded with cases?